Mark O. Board has participated in the thorougbred industry has a fan, supporter, owner (in partnership) and pinhooker. He has partcipated in buying and selling at both Fasig Tipton, OBS and Keeneland. He attends the sales on a regular basis.
He mainly is involved in thoroughbred racing ownership through small partnerships consisting of 3-5 individuals maximum.
Racing has included:
- The most successful horse owned in partnership was with friend, Alex Gans of Iroquois Racing. "Gal About Town", a multiple graded stakes placed filly by City Zip. She was purchased as a broodmare prospect by Stonestreet at Keeneland November 2015. Owned by Stonestreet Farm, Gal About Town is getting top stallions and should develop into a top producing mare.
- Another horse owned in partnership with Bal Mar Equine (Paul Varga) and Bob Bender, "The Strip". A filly from the first crop by Quality Road. She was purchased at Keeneland and trained by Kenny McPeek.
- "Dynamic Union", a filly by Union Rags in partnership with Machmer Hall and Haymarket Farm (Chip Montgomery). She was trained by Kenny McPeek.
- "Jack Straight", a colt by Yes Its True in partnership with Jim Ballinger, Ocala Florida.
- "Palace Avenger", a filly by Palace. This filly is Graded Stakes Placed and is trained by Wesley Ward. My partners include; Dreamfield's (Steve Cauthen), Don Brady, John Gaynor.
Pinhooking varios horses include:
- A colt by "Include", Keeneland purchased from Airdrie in 2006 and resold.
- Filly by "Majesticperfection" sold in partnership with Machmer Hall (Carrie & Craig Brogden) at Fasig Tipton in 2017.
- A colt by "Twirling Candy" who we owned with English Range Farm (Gary Smith) and sold at Keeneland September Yearling Sale in 2018.
- Fillies by "Goldencents" and "Anchor Down" owned in partnership with Steve Cauthen at Dreamfield's. These fillies were sold at Keeneland September Yearling Sale in 2019.
- A filly by "American Freedom" sold at OBS March Sale in 2021. The filly owned in partnership with Steve Cauthen at Dreamfield's.
Born and raised in Louisville, he has relationships with many individuals in the thorougbred breeding and racing industry. He is also a member of the Thoroughbred Club of America and Keeneland Club.
Mark has attended 45 consecutive Kentucky Derby's (1974 - 2019).
Mark is retired and former Director of Business Development for Sullivan Cozart, a Louisville based General Contractor and Construction Management firm.